Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Seven Degrees of Sherlock Holmes - #7 - W.C. Fields

I tried to make it a little harder on myself, and I think I did it.

The first couple of names I chose for today's 'Seven Degrees' were in movies with Clint Eastwood, so were within one or two degrees so I abandoned them.

Many of my choices may actually be a degree or so closer to Holmes than these posts sometimes suggest.
I usually pick a likely movie to start with and follow it at least seven steps to see if I find a connection.
If I do, I don't explore any others.

So I came up with someone who probably is not known much today, but was still a comedic icon when I was growing up.

So here goes;

W.C.Fields - 1880

. . . was in a movie called 'It's a Gift' 1934  


. .  which also starred Jean Rouverol 1916  


. . . who was in a movie called 'Annabel Takes a Tour' 1938  


. .  which also had comedian Jackie Oakie 1903


. .  who was also in the wonderful movie 'Around the World in 80 Days' 1956 


. .  which starred the incomparable David Niven 1910 


. . . who was featured in 'Soldiers Three' 1951


. . . which included Stewart Granger 1913 


 . . . who played Sherlock Holmes in the 1972 TV movie 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'



Had to work on that one a bit more, but it did include some of my favorite actors.

See ya next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment