Monday, March 30, 2015

Dressed to Kill (1946)

Several old Sherlock Holmes movies are available free to watch on Amazon Prime at the moment.
Since I don't usually get to watch many movies start to finish at one setting, Amazon Prime works well for my down time.

Last night I started watching this the last Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes adventure.

I have not finished it yet.

But one thing I did enjoy was the opening exchange of dialog between Rathbone as Holmes and Bruce as Watson.

After the first couple of movies with Rathbone and Bruce as Holmes and Watson,  many feel the series suffered from the move to more modern times that the shows took after the Adventure and Hound.

But at least this opening segment of Dressed to Kill seemed to remain fairly in tune with the Canon and offered a comfortable setting for the two to start their adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment